Orascom Construction (OC) traces its roots back to 1950 when Eng. Onsi Sawiris first founded a construction company with a few friends in Upper Egypt. By digging waterways and paving roads, he built his business into one of Egypt’s largest general contractors. In 1961, the business was nationalized under President Nasser and later became known as the El Nasr Civil Works Company. Not content to be an employee in his own company, Eng. Sawiris left for Libya where he continued his construction career. In 1976, he returned to Egypt and founded Orascom as a general contracting and trading company with five employees. By the early 1990s, Eng. Sawiris had established Orascom as a leading private sector contractor by working in partnership with international companies pursuing projects in Egypt. Today Orascom Construction continues to blend international technical know-how with local resources to undertake even larger, more complex, and demanding projects.
|GPA 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma certification (Secondary year) or equivalent certificates|
|iBT TOEFL: 100 or above [or equivalent]|
|Minimum SAT I Score|
|Old SAT (before May 2016)||New SAT (after May 2016)|
|Overall: 2100||Overall: 1450|
|Reading: 700||Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 730|
|Math: 700||Math: 730|
|SAT II in 3 subjects: 600 or above|
|Fields of Study:
Engineering, Economics, Political Science, Finance and Management.
- Meet the above criteria
- Be planning to start their studies in the U.S.A in the year 2019
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants)
- Have not lived more than 3 years abroad
- Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of their bachelor’s degree
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for a significant period of time.
- The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to the list of endorsed universities provided in the “Approved Universities” section of the application.
- Selection as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university acceptance. Applicants will be supported in applying for these universities. If nominated for the scholarship; the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.
- Application form
- Copy of test scores (SAT I / or SAT II) & IBT TOEFL
- Copy of transcripts
- Copy of graduation certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate (if available)
- Two recommendation letters
For Inquiries, please contact us at :