International Students are eligible to apply for University and Commonwealth Government scholarships, which are awarded during one main round offer. They provide a living allowance so you can commit to full-time study. Historically over 90% of international students hold a scholarship from UON or a sponsor.
Eligible Countries: International Students
To be taken at (country): Australia
Offered annually? Yes
Application Deadline: 16th October, 2018
Type: Undergraduates, Masters, PhD
Selection Criteria: Scholarships are granted on the basis of academic merit, which includes your undergraduate grade point average and extra research attainments.
Eligibility: To be eligible for scholarship candidate must:
- written statement of support from a UON supervisor
- met admission eligibility criteria
- be no more than two full-time equivalent years into their PhD (or one year for Masters) at the scholarship closing date in which you are applying.
Successful international scholarship candidates usually also have:
- A master degree with strong research component
- International peer reviewed research publication or research experience
Number of Scholarships: Several
Value of Scholarship: A scholarship funded by the University of Newcastle or the Commonwealth Government provides:
- An annual living allowance $26, 682 per annum (2017 rate – indexed annually)
The scholarship may also include:
- a relocation allowance (up to $1,500)
- a full tuition fee scholarship
- overseas student health cover (OSHC) (international students and their dependents)
How to Apply
- Currently enrolled candidates can apply for a scholarship by contacting email@example.com
- New applicants can apply for a scholarship at the same time as Applying For Admission.