The NBA star has partnered with the University of Florida and Akron to provide a guaranteed four-year scholarship to the school for students in James’ “I Promise” program who qualify. The scholarship will cover tuition and the university’s general service fee — currently $9,500 per year. James told ESPN he plans to provide this for 1,100 students, which would cost his foundation a total of $41.8 million at the school’s current rates.
The Lebron James Family Foundation is Offering Entrance Scholarships and Awards. Scholarships and Awards are Available for Undergraduate, Masters and Phd Degree Programmes. All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language. You DON’T have to be admitted or conditionally admitted to University of Florida or Akron to apply for student awards; you simply require a prove of interest which you receive when applying for admission.
Course Level: Scholarships and Awards are available for students in an undergraduate, Masters or PhD degree programme. Undergraduate, Masters, Doctorate and non-degree programmes (preparatory and specialisation courses).
THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The scholarship award covers the following:
- Tuition Fees: up to $44,000
- Stipend: $800 monthly, to support living expenses such as food, utilities, local transportation and medication.
- Book Allowance: An allowance of $800 per year for the purchase of books.
- Air Ticket: A round trip economy fare for the most direct route between the beneficiary’s home country and the study destination of Host University.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship Canada program, applicants must:
- be International students
- have applied or willing to apply for a programme at UCalgary
- be proficient in English Language
- have good academic records
How To Apply: Automatic consideration – no test required
Before you Start your application, make sure you meet all the necessary eligibility criteria
- Fill the basic registration form
- Save and submit once completed
All Interested Candidates should start Application Online